Having tired and painful neck, red blood like spots on it and pain in bones. What's wrong?

Question
Hi , I'm very very tired my neck is so painful at the back of my neck I sweat so much I thought I was going threw the change ,I'm in bed by 330 pm I also have a little tiny red blood like spots that don't fade with a tumbler glass , I also have servere pains in bones sharp pains a specially in my feet . What's wrong with me ??
I also get very out of breath , I have had my heart and lungs tested they are ok
Posted Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Given your symptoms, I think we should be considering the possibility of menopausal symptoms, anxiety and a rheumatological disorder. The fatigue and the sweats can be due to the menopausal changes where the hormones can fluctuate giving rise to severe symptoms. The pain in the neck, pain in the bones and small red spots can be due to a rheumatological disorder while the shortness of breath can simply be due to anxiety.The only way to find out whats wrong exactly is to run some tests and evaluate the results. These tests include:
a. Complete blood count with ESR and CRP
b. Anti nuclear antibodies
c. Prothrombin time and Activated partial thromboplastin time
d. X XXXXXXX of the neck- AP and Lateral view
Please see your physician and get these tests done. We can discuss the results on this forum.
I hope I have addressed your concern. Let me know if I can address any more concerns.

Follow-up: Having tired and painful neck, red blood like spots on it and pain in bones. What's wrong? 22 hours later
Please could you rest my mind it's to signs of lukiemia s it doctor ??

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 12 hours later
I am sorry for writing back late.
Leukaemia would be a less likely possibility here. If the bone pain etc are really due to leukaemia, it would be a really advanced stage of the disease. Advanced stages of cancer are typically characterized by significant weight loss and anorexia. Also, night sweats are seen in some people with Hodgkin's but these people dont have the symptoms that you have described.
The only way to conclusively rule it out would be to do a complete blood count with a peripheral smear exam. If there is something abnormal we notice, we'll need to do a bone marrow aspiration.
I hope that puts your mind to rest.

Follow-up: Having tired and painful neck, red blood like spots on it and pain in bones. What's wrong? 49 minutes later
Thankyou so much god bless

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 minutes later
Thank you.
I am glad I could help.
If you have no more questions, please close the discussion and rate the answer.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards
Aparna

Follow-up: Having tired and painful neck, red blood like spots on it and pain in bones. What's wrong? 10 hours later
I've been told every year I'm meeting the special man in my life 5years later I'm still waiting, there are many friendly men we know my mum and I but none have come forward , why and is it ever going to happen ?? ..

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 10 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
I understand that these issues are quite difficult to answer. In India, we do believe that there is a time for everything , but the unfortunate part is that we really dont know when that time is.
You should consider the possibility that some of those men may be getting intimidated by you or your mother. It has been shown that a lot of men are afraid to just ask as they fear rejection and thus sometimes, it may be best to take the 1st step.
Also, some exercise and TLC should help you get at your glowing best. So I am sure we can take care of that front.
Hope that helps
Aparna