Having tingling sensation in foot and toe. Should I go for medical check up?

I stepped on something and now my foot and toe are tingling and burning. I am not sure if it is still in there or not. Do I need to go to the hospital or can I wait until tomorrow to see a doctor?
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 30 minutes later
The prick and thorns are common household injuries.
Please revisit the place where prick happened and observe closely the culprit article.
If it's peg is fixed to some base and the shaft does not appear severed then it's unlikely that the thing is in.
But if you find a fractured thorn or a peg missing from base then it's surely in the foot tissues.
Optionally clean the foot thoroughly with tap water and soap and examine the area yourself, if you can see a reddish bluish nail like discoloration going XXXXXXX and local pain when pressing then the thorn may be in, and it may be possible to see it there directly-just see the wound of entry point.
Anyway if the doubt remains, you need an exploration and an inj. tetanus if you have not received one in last 5 years.
I would advise you to go to hospital and get examined and treated.
I hope that answers your query.