Having tightness in throat, discharge and pain in ear. How to get relief?

ENT Specialist
Left ear is wet in morning, sometimes it aches, Throat is tight. Feels like I'm going to chock.
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 4 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. Get your ear examined by an ENT Specialist to see if the ear drum is intact or not and get a PTA (Pure Tone Audiogram).

2. Since there is discharge and pain, there is likely to be some infection. Get your physician to prescribe medication and send an ear swab for culture and antibiotic sensitivity. If the ear drum is perforated, only Ciprofloxacin drops are safe to use.

3. The tightness and choking in the throat may be a related due to acid reflux or a post nasal drip of mucus. Only a direct examination will reveal the true cause.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.