Having throat pain with dark colored vomiting. Suggest some effective medicine

Jan 2013

Throat PainI vomited, it was dark and chunky if that groseness matters, now my Adam's XXXXXXX hurts. It constantly feels like something is lodged in my throat which makes me want to swallow and that hurts just enough to trigger my gag reflex making me want to vomit more. I'm down to dry heaving.

It's the middle of the night and all I have is NyQuil, Robutussin, Allegra, and some pill muscle relaxant because of pain for annular tears.

Any recommendations on stopping the throat pain?
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of something impacted at the level of pharynx.
Presence of obstructive feeling along with dark colored vomiting suggests the diagnosis with formation of ulcers.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and ENT surgeon simultaneously and should go for through check up.
You should go for direct laryngoscopy for visulaization of upper respiratory tract.
If laryngoscopy is found to be normal then only you should go for endoscopy under guidance of gastroenterologist.

You should also go for complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation rate and chest x XXXXXXX

Meanwhile, you should take proton pump inhibitors, paracetamol and serratiopeptidase.
You should perform gargles three times in day; a glass of lukewarm water with a pinch of salt.
You should avoid cold drinks, oily and spicy foods.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava