Having testicle pain, sensation at the base of penis. Tested clear for STD. Should I take treatment for chlamydia?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Dull ache in left testical, sensation in penis and base of shaft. STD test at docs was clear but was prescribed treatment for chlamydia . Still same , actually mayb worse.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later

Based on the facts that you posted it appears that you may have acquired infection of the Testicle (Orchitis) after unprotected sex.
However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination by qualified Urologist and ultrasound study of scrotum.

Please get following preliminary investigations done and consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and further treatment.
1) Haemogram.
2) Routine Urine test.
3) Ultrasound scanning of the scrotum.

You may need to take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medications for 2 weeks. Ensure to consume more water.

Do not worry this will get cured within 2-3 weeks.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Having testicle pain, sensation at the base of penis. Tested clear for STD. Should I take treatment for chlamydia? 36 hours later
Thank you very much

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later

Thanks for the feedback.

If possible, please rate and review this service after closing the query.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil