Having terrible headache. Is it nerve ending damage or melanoma?

I hope you can find my question from yesterday. Have had reply but wanted to double check in shore year ago had terrible headache couldn't wear hat hear became very greasy on one side has left part head sore to touch. In this part is a birth XXXXXXX . Got reply I wanted. Doctor replied probably nerve ending damage. Worried this could be melanoma please tell me I am being silly
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 42 minutes later

Melanomas are usually >6 mm in size, with irregular borders , asymmetrical, dark and uneven color and increasing in size. Keep an eye on the XXXXXXX If you notice changes in the mark's color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful. Then it needs to be biopsied. Otherwise there is no reason to worry.

For your headaches and soreness of head, temporal arteritis needs to be ruled out.
Temporal arteritis is an inflammation of vasculitis of blood vessels of the large and medium arteries of the head especially the temporal artery tat branch off from the carotid artery in the neck.

You need certain investigations like a CT scan and MRI SCAN. If temporal arteritis is suspected then a biopsy of the vessel may need to be done for confirming the diagnosis.

I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get the birth XXXXXXX evaluated and if temporal arteritis is diagnosed then you may need to be referred to a vascular surgeon.

Hope this answers your query. Please do get back with these answers so that we can help you in a better way. I am available for further follow ups. Wishing you good health.