Having tender pain in arm above wrist.Applied tiger balm and tied bandage. No relief. What could this be?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I woke up this morning with a really tender pain on the inside of my arm right above my wrist. I have applied tigar balm and a tight bandage but its not getting any better, when I press on my arm its really tender to touch . Any idea whats going on there?
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 34 minutes later

From description , pain seems to be inflammatory in nature.It could be due to tendonitis(inflammation of tendon) or muscle/ligament strain.

Do not apply tight bandage over it because it might hamper the circulation.I advice you to give you rest to the part affected, take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily) to reduce pain and inflammation and consult your doctor for thorough examination to rule out any infective cause.

Hope this helps you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.