Having swelling in eye retina. What is the root cause of this problem and how to cure vision?

My age 41. I'm Non- diabetic, Non- smoker & Non- alcoholic & pure vegetarian. . I have been diagnosed swelling in my right eye retina. As per my doctor it is due to cholesterol deposit in my eye's blood vessels. Doctor have advised me Inj. Lucentis. Also, to start a course of Wysolone. I have attached my test reports.
I want to know root cause of this problem & how to cure my vision. Also, how to protect my other eye.
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
How long have you been having this problem

The swelling shown in your OCT is quiet a lot.This definetly needs intra vitreal injections.2-3weeks after the injection you have to be reassessed and depending upon the response you may need 3 injections,given at monthly intervals.

oral steroids with antacids and anti oxidants are also given.
Since you are non diabetic,normotensive ,to prevent any problem in the other eye you have to maintain a healthy lifestyle ,have a good balanced diet,regular exercises and have regular yearly eye checkups.

In case of any further query please do get back to us
Follow-up: Having swelling in eye retina. What is the root cause of this problem and how to cure vision? 1 hour later

Thanks for your expert advise. 
I came to know about this just a week ago.  2 weeks back i realized not able to read from very closely. So I went for eye check- up assuming I need specticals. There doctor informed me about this problem. 

Is it wet AMD? if so then why it happened to me as I understand AMD is related to age. I'm 41.
  I'm intersted to know root cause for this. As the homosystrene found in my blood sample is too high, shall I consult a cardiologist as well. Pls advise. 
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 4 hours later
thanks for getting back to us.
you are not the age for ARMD.We see ARMD in 60 s 70s and 80s.As i suspected the problem must have been there for a longer period of time.This is what happens in unilateral lesions that since the other eye is fine , it takes longer for you to assess that there is something wrong with the eye.
For raised homocystine you should see a XXXXXXX medicine man or an endocrinologist who should be able to guide you as to how to tackle this problem.
Any problem you are welcome any time.