Ask a Urologist   »  

Having swelling above penis and severe pain in testicles after an unsatisfied erection. Slight overweight. Treatment?

I have swelling above my penis and severe pain in testicles it came on all at once,right after an unsatisfied erection. I'm 58 year old slightly over weight
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take pain medications and stay at home for 1 week.

Detailed Answer:
Good Day!

I would take pain relievers (e.g. Tylenol etc.) round the clock to help with the pain and inflammation. I am thinking you have inflammed testicles and vas deferens (tubes from testis to ejaculatory duct) are inflammed because of unsatisfied erection and not ejaculating.

You may also put cold compress over the scrotal area to resolve the pain and swelling also. The pain should go away in 3-5 days. If it doesn't go away or feels like it worsens, Please go to your GP or Urologist so they will be able to do a complete physical examination.

Thank You very much.