Having stress and experiencing vibrations without pain on chest, shoulders and lower neck region. Suggest the treatment?

My daughter had 2 months period of stress looking for permanent work in London. Just recently, she had been experiencing vibrations without pain, as if a current is turned on in her upper chest, shoulders and lower neck region. This vibration reverberates to her back as well. These sensations do not occur in these regions at the same time. Does not occur when she is active, only when she is sitting eg at the computer or in repose. Her heat beat is regular. Had an ECG done with no unusual findings. Appreciate if you could come up with a diagnosis and possible treatment. Takes 4 cups of coffee a day. Gratefully yours XXXX EMAIL : YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Panic disorder. Medications and Psychotherapy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail.
From what you have stated, it appears that your daughter has developed a panic disorder. It an anxiety disorder and it causes many different symptoms including the one which you have stated. This develops cause of prolonged stress which your daughter has undergone.
This can be treated both with medications as well as by psychotherapy, preferable cognitive behavioural therapy. Medications such a paroxetine, escitalopram, citalopram, mirtazapine and agomelatonine are all useful medications.
Initially even propranolol and clonazepam can reduce her symptoms.
6-8 weekly sessions of 20 min cognitive behavioral therapy will also help her as good as medicines would.
She needs to be seen by a psychiatrist.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.