Having stomach cramps, diarrhoea and itchy anus. What treatment should be done?

I always have loose stools, but frequently have bad stomach cramps followed by extreme diarroea with a very strong fishy smell. I also have a very itchy anus which wakes me during the night. I have had a colonoscopy but this showed no abnormalities. I am a 57 year old male generally in good health.
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 6 hours later

Do you have / notice blood in the stool?

This is the time to take a deworming therapy from a local doctor now and one after 15 days.

Excessive diarrhoea with loose stools and itchy anus are typically found in a person with parasite in the stomach.

You need a simple blood counts, hemoglobin and stool microscopy test as well. The diagnosis can be easy with this test.

Let me know the results.