Having stomach ache and feeling nausea. Having sharp pain during breathing. Help?

I have been having a slight stomach ache or nausea feeling for a few days. Today the nausea is gone but the pain kinda came up between my breasts and now has graduated to my left side just under my lung cavity. Really has turned into a pretty sharp pain and hurts very sharply when I take a deep breath.

I took 2 tums yesterday morning which did not help then yesterday afternoon about 3 P.M. I took a dose of pepto bismo and then another one at 4 P.M.which did not help
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query

The pain you are describing is a differential for acute gastritis and pleuritic type of chest pain so I would like to know a few more things in order to come to a better conclusion

1. Do you feel the pain subsides after a meal? or does it increase after a meal?
2. Is the pain more when you cough, sneeze ?
3. Does lying down on any single side make the pain better ?
4. Do you have fever ?

The reason I am asking is because after taking several rounds of anti gastric medications the pain should have subsided since it persists I want to rule out other pathologies

Please get back to me. I am awaiting your reply