Having stomach ache. Feeling nausea, vomiting while eating, not able to sleep. Is it necessary to take rinifol tablet?

General Surgeon
Hi.I am 23 yrs old.I am having stomach ache since yeterday morning.I feel like nausea, vomitting while eating anything.I could not sleep in the night because of severe pain in stomach .In the morning i vomitted acid.i took Dygiene i took Pentocid DSR.But the pain still persists.i wanted to know that is it advisable to take enterogermina and derolac tablet now?is it necessary to take rinifol tablet along with these two tablets?what could be the reason of getting such pain? what all should i resist eating in daily diet?
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 31 minutes later

You probably are suffering from acute gastritis.

Avoid spicy and fatty food. Take proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole twice daily for two weeks.
Also take Digene syrup thrice daily for immediate relief.
Enterogermina and derolac are for bacterial disturbance in gut, which you are not suffering from. They may not help with my assessment.
Also you should take triple therapy for H.Pylori infection (that is why you may be suffering from repeated gastritis). For this prescription you can visit a local physician near you and ask for triple therapy for H.Pylori bacteria.

Hope this helps. Wishing you speedy recovery. Feel free to ask any more questions you have.

Dr. Rajat Gupta