Having sore throat. Suggest the treatment?

ENT Specialist
I have got a sore throat. What do you suggest as medication? Is there a something i can do for quick recovery?
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anti-allergic, gargles, turmeric in warm milk.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. Take OTC anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory medications and use a medicated gargle.

2. Home remedies include Turmeric in warm milk at night.

3. If possible, get examined by a doctor. Your doctor can check for lymphoid hypertrophy in the throat that makes it sensitive and a trial with an anti-reflux medication can be done.

4. If this happens once a year during a change of season, and if it is a mild throat ache, no major treatment is necessary.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.