Having sore throat. Feeling pain while eating. Salt water gargle doesn't help. Can crocin be taken?

I am having sore throat. I am feeling some pain while having food. I did salt water gargle also but it seems it is not helping. That pain feeling is still there. Should a simple dose of Crocin be taken?
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consult an Internist Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic See an Internist… Get yourself examined… At times, basic investigation – like blood count and throat swab - may be necessary... It may be Allergic, viral or bacterial…. Streptococcal infection has to be excluded / it may appear simple initially – but if not treated properly, it may lead to long term consequences like Rheumatic Heart Disease or Acute Nephritis (Kidney). It is better to be safe than sorry.. so, see a doctor. Over The Counter (OTC) Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID) - like ibuprofen - will be useful in the meanwhile... Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless