Having small pink bump under foreskin. Can feel when touched. Apply pressure it disappears. What to do?

Dermatologist
Question
Very small pink bump under foreskin, slightly raised barely feel it when I touch it. When I pull the skin taught, or when I apply pressure to it dissappears, had it for about a week. No sex in about a year.
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 22 minutes later

The small lesion that you have developed below your foreskin can be an allergic or an infective lesion.

Since you give no history of any sexual exposure from the past one year, the lesion points more towards an allergic etiology.

I would like to know from you, if there is any associated pain or itching in the lesion or is it totally asymptomatic in nature. Also whether there is history of development of similar lesions in the past.
It would be great if you can click some close up pictures of the skin lesion and upload them here on this page. You can also email the pictures to YYYY@YYYY with ref to Dr Geetika Paul.
Treatment of the same varies according to the suspected etiology.
I am sure, I would be able to help you more once you respond with the above details and the pictures.

Waiting for your response

Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: Having small pink bump under foreskin. Can feel when touched. Apply pressure it disappears. What to do? 5 hours later
It is completely asymptomatic, it has been getting lighter in color and just a bit in size since I first saw it. Picture has been sent via email.

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 53 minutes later
Hi XXXXX,

You seem to have developed a small papular lesion of lichen planus on your foreskin.
Now firstly, this is nothing to be very worried about. It is a skin condition caused due to an underlying autoimmune process.
Sometimes any kind of mild and trivial trauma can lead to development of such raised lesions. These can be totally asymptomatic or there can be slight associated itching.
You can apply a mild topical steroid cream which is helpful in most cases.
The lesion will most likely improve within few days of therapy. Sometimes, it is self resolving in nature too.

Hope it helps

Any other clarifications that you need, please ask.
Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: Having small pink bump under foreskin. Can feel when touched. Apply pressure it disappears. What to do? 41 minutes later
Thank you so much, I was very worried especially with all the very ominous stuff I have seen on the internet.

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 minutes later

You are most welcome.

You can continue with the treatment as told.
I am sure it will be of help to you.

Dr Geetika Paul