Having slight muscular pain in chest area. Should I be worried?

Feb 2013

I am having slight muscular pain in chest area (right-middle), typically similar to one you get after doing bench-press/push-up after many days.I felt similar muscular pain few years back and it was gone after few days. Is it something to worry about? What doctor/diagnosis to go for? I generally have regular health checkups (Executive) and last one was couple years ago and came out with no issues being diagnosed.
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 31 minutes later
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
First I like to congratulate you for being fit, active and health conscious by going for regular health checkups.
The pain in the right-middle of your chest may be due to musculo-skeletal in origin mostly due to some muscle sprain or chostochondritis (costal cartilages) like Tietze syndrome which are benign conditions.
Nothing to worry as it is in muscular type pain and occuring on the right side of the chest.
You can consult a general physician for the examination including the chest to look for any local tenderness and for the medication for pain relief.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.