Having shoulder pain and headache. Had massive accident. Scaled left front of head and chipped a bone off T4. What can be done?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi about 5 years ago I had a massive accident where I was scaled on the left front of my head and chipped a bone off T4 after a horse float door came and hit me on the head .My shoulders were also pop out of there sockets . Now I suffer from server shoulder pain but over the last mth I have been having headaches tingling on my face and my eye is shutting and I have ear ache as well as a really sore Neck and pins and needles between my shoulder blades . Do you have any ideas on what I can do ?
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The symptoms that you are having for last one month are likely to be related to pinched nerve or stroke or migraine.
An MRI scan of the head and neck region will help in proper diagnosis.
The pins and needles sensations between the shoulder blades and neck pain is likely to be related to cervical spondylosis. It is best to consult a neurologist for a detailed evaluation.
You should do following to have relief -
-Wear a cervical collar. This will at least give rest to your strained muscles.
-Avoid bending your neck at abnormal position for long time, like on computer.
-Do warm water fomentation with help of water bag over your neck.
-Take a good analgesic like combination of tramadol with paracetamol.
-Test for levels of vitamin B12, If low do take Vitamin B12 supplements.
-Take help of a physiothearpist . He will be able to give your relief by intermittent traction, ultrasonic therapy etc.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.