Having shoulder and neck pain especially early morning and when stressed. Took homeopathy medicine and done physiotherapy. Suggest?

I am having shoulder and neck pain (mainly right side), specially after getting up from from bed early morning.
The pain also happens when I take physical/mental stress.
This has been there for couple of years now. I have consulted a Physio and a homeopathic doctor.
Physio suggested some sessions for massage/exercise, but it did not help much.
Homoepathic medicine taken for a couple of months, helped in relieving pain to some extent.
I would like to consult a Orthopaedician and get an appointment if required.
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of extra cervical rib or loss of curvature

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting query.
From history it seems that your wife Smt harshita, age 31 years of age might have following things which can give rise to problem of having stiff neck and shoulder of right side perticularly in the morning.
1, Might have Extra cervical rib,
2, Loss of normal curvature of neck spines.
At this age degenerative changes of spines are less likely.
Loss of normal curvature might be due to altered posture of sitting or some works involving neck muscles more.
Early morning due to remaining neck muscles on one side through out night and having constant pressure on nerves might be causing this problem.
Extra cervical rib too can cause irritation or pressure in nerves giving rise to this problem.
Go for X-ray cervical spines, which will give some information of condition.
Consult orthopedic surgeon and get examined.
Physiotherapy of neck and shoulder muscles, short way diathermy will be helpful.
Advice her not keep pillow under neck while sleeping.
Give her calcium, vitamin A and D supplements.
I hope, i answered your query.
If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
Follow-up: Having shoulder and neck pain especially early morning and when stressed. Took homeopathy medicine and done physiotherapy. Suggest? 32 hours later
Thanks so much doctor for the insight.
Could you suggest a good orthopedic surgeon in Bangalore (preferably South Bangalore - may be St. John's or XXXXXXX Hrudalaya) or I can post a separate query in portal for a reference.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
See penalist list of health care magic

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting query again.
You can see the list of orthopedic surgeons in portal of Health care magic panelist to get good orthopedic surgeon. Here is the link

As I am in Gujarat, I do not have any idea regarding orthopedic surgeon there.

Now if you do not have any query or clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.