Having sharp pain in shoulder. What should I do?

Hi - An hour or two ago, I asked a question about GERD, and had a reply from Dr XXXXXXX Gibson. I then pressed the button accepting this answer. I have since realised that this didn't really answer my question, which was: the pain certainly seemed due to trapped air, but it was sharply localised near the right shoulder (a few inches in from the shoulder). Surely the lungs don't extend to that area?
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Referred pain Detailed Answer: Dear sir Welcome to healthcare magic Usually it is referred pain, it means the nerve which supplies the lungs when stimulated or pains, the pain is referred to nerve suplied to shoulder. So if any patient having chest infections, pneumonia, pneumothorax the pain will be referred to right shoulder tip. It explains the pathology. Please review witj chest x ray or ct scan chest. Hope this information is helpful