Having severe sweating, pins and needles in lower stomach, arm and wrist. Could it be menopause?

i have severe pins and needles in lower stomach which travels up my body down my arms and into my wrists.followed by a severe sweat.although i am 73 years old wondered if it could still be the menopause.Also followed by a desperate thirst.
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 9 minutes later
Thanks for using Health Care Magic.
From your write up I understand that you have these pins and needle sensation almost all over the body and the age of 73 years, you are right in suggesting that it could be menopause. At menopause there are plenty of hormonal changes and these pins and needle sensation can occur cause of it.
The other possibility is hypothyroidism and B12 deficiency. Both of these can be confirmed by checking levels of serum B12 and serum TSH.
Do follow a proper diet and do regular exercise.
Start hormonal and calcium replacement as it is very essential to take care of these problems.Along with hormonal treatment, low dose amitryptiline and pregabaline can also be useful.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.