Having severe stomach pain after taking antibiotics for chest infection. Stomach bloated and having trouble with bowel movement. treatment?

have severe stomach pain after taking antibiotic Zinnat and Prednisolone 25mg for chest infection. was given Nexium by doctor and told to discontinue Prednisolone but finish last 2 days of Zinnat. Stomach pain was present when I awoke yesterday morning, did not take any further medication except for 1 Nexium tablet after yesterdays evening meal. When can I expect pain to subside enough to return to work, (I work in retail, on my feet) unable to stand upright for very long at moment? Stomach bloated and hard, having trouble with bowel movement, but can burp at times. I feel like I have very bad wind and it won't move up or down,
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 27 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.
If the pain is due to acidity, even one dose of Nexium would provide relief of symptoms. But you need to conplete the course which is about 4 weeks.
For good bowel movements, take high fiber diet, drink plenty fluids.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini