Having severe pain in back and legs. Had operation for neck, c-3 c-4 c-5. Had autoimmune attack. Taking hydrocodone. What can be done?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had an op. on my neck, c-3 c-4 c-5. I recouperated fine from that. While recouperating I had autoimmune attack on my nervous system believe to be caused from the herbicide agent orange that remains in my system. I felt fine and could walk good until they weened me off the prednisone late feb. I went thru two months of therapy and was doing good. They (V.A.) put me on Tylenol and 5mg hydrocodone, as time goes on my back and legs hurt more and more. To the point of screaming sometimes ESP when I awake. The pain goes from lower back to my hips and then into the muscles of my legs. I can hardly walk sometimes my legs are hurting and burning inside me. No one wants to help no more, I'm hurting as I talk to you right know . Is there any hope?
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The pain that you have described is a nerve related pain. It can be related to a lumbar spine.
An MRI or CT scan will help in detecting the extent of nerve root affection and accordingly a treatment plan can be formulated. Medicines like methylcobalamin supplements, pregabalin and gabapentin can help you in addition to the pain killers.
Do consult a neurologist for the necessary investigations and treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.