Having severe pain in abdomen after having sex multiple times. Suggest treatment?

General Surgeon
I am having severe pain in my last abdomen after having multiple sex sessions with my husband. Kindly suggest some treatment for immediate relief.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 27 days later
Hi ! I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

It is not usual to have so much severe pain in the abdomen even after having multiple sexual encounters with your husband. It is normal to have some discomfort with may be minor amount of pain due to uterine contractions which gets relieved of its own.

For an immediate relief, you can go for an over the counter anti spasmodic drug available in your nearby chemist shop. This should relieve your pain for the time being.

If the severity of the pain increases with some associated symptoms like vomiting, fever or loose motions, then you should report either to your family physician or in the emergency room of a nearby hospital where after clinical examination, they may give you a shot of injection for immediate relief and also intravenous fluids if need be.

Having this kind of sever pain after sexual encounter may be associated with any other pelvic problems also like a pelvic inflammatory disease, or with a history of missed period could be an unsuspected pregnancy as well.

Your treating doctor/gynaecologist may get some routine tests done like a complete blood count, a urine pregnancy test, a serum HCG, and an ultrasound abdomen to confirm/exclude any other intra abdominal problem for such severe pain.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Wishing you an early recovery.