Having severe muscle pain in arms and back. Could this be related to lungs?

Doctor - I am 51 years old and have used this site previously.
I still have severe muscle pains in y arms and back.
Can this be my lungs?What can cause the muscles to be so
painfull the last 3 months?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 9 hours later

I would like to know some more information about your problem to understand better and advice you well.

Do you have muscle weakness along with pain?
Do you have any cough or breathlessness?
Do you have any fatigue or difficulty sleeping?

Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Having severe muscle pain in arms and back. Could this be related to lungs? 5 hours later
Thank you for the reply Doctor.
My shoulders and elbows joints are in pain.Espcially my shoulders.The muscles in both upper arms and also the muscles in the lower arms.My muscles in my back (basicly the muscles in the centre of my back) are also in pain.Yes,i struggle to sleep.In the mornings its hard to get out of bed because of the stiff muscles and shoulders thats in pain.
I do not have a cough or really breathlessness.
As I mentioned I am in Saudi Arabia currenly and I am working and sleeping with airconditioners all the time because of the heat.
Can I have infection in my muscles because of the aircons.I am also sitting in front of a computer all day long.
Doctor please try and help.
Thenk you
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 4 hours later

Chances of infection causing such a problem are very low.
From what I can gauge, I feel long hours in front of the computer with poor posture at times can cause such a problem. And lack of proper sleep can add to the problem. So in my opinion you need proper rest and exercise.

You should start some exercises for the back and shoulders.
There will also be benefit if you do aerobic exercises like brisk walking.
Deep breathing exercises and meditation should help with your sleep.

Some drugs which have been used in back pain and muscle pains like flupiritine should give you relief.
Lastly you should be on supplements for calcium and vitamin D. To get the medications prescribed, and to get it properly examined, you may visit your family physician.

I hope this helps.