Having severe itching without rash all over the body. Report shows low B12 and folate. Guide?

hi, I have severe itch without rash randomly all over body. This is associated with burning feet. All this increases by night. CRF is high, ESR high and XXXXXXX has shown negative/positive in a span of 1 mo. All found low B12 and folate. The itch is sometimes is sharp stab like jab and sometimes feels like electrical sparks with numbness and tingling in feet. EMG of hands feet showed carpel tunnel in hands. My doc think small fiber neuropathy. Fasting glucose is borderline. Its almost 3 months now
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I agree with your doctor's diagnosis

Detailed Answer:
Burning sensation,itching, pins and needle sensation, stabbing sensation, burning feet points towards neuropathy. Neuropathy is seen in cases of vitamin deficiency, diabetes, thyroid disorders. More or less, you have suffered from all of these.
Firstly the treatment should be targeted to treat these three underlying conditions. Take folate supplements, take thyroxine as per requirement and if sugar is borderline requiring no medicine please manage it with diet modification and exercise.
Usually we add vitamin B 12 supplements in cases of neuropathy. To reduce itching , you may take tablet levocetirizine. Drugs like gabapentin, pregablin, carbamazepine etc may help reduce the stabbing or shooting sensation. Please discuss these options with your consulting physician.
Hope this helped.