Having severe headache. Took pain killer. No improvement. Solution?

I am XXXXXXX I usually get severe headache and it pertains for 2-3 days. I couldnt sit in front of system for more than 10-15 minute in that situation. If i take any pain killer for the same it comes back after few hours. I get this kind of headaches once in 2-3 months. Please suggest some solution for it.
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

You are having headache which lasts for 2-3 days and it occurs once in 2-3 months.
Your history is suggestive of episodic headache lasting for maximum 72 hours,probable migraine to be considered in your case

Detail history is needed including quality of headache, since how long you are having, any associated visual disturbances, whether it is aggravated by sunlight, stress, sounds etc

You should consult Neurologist for clinical examination and fundus to be examined

Also need CT scan brain to confirm with the clinical diagnosis and to rule out structural lesion in brain

Meantime you can have the following

1)Naprosyn 250 mg twice daily or whenever needed for the relief of headache

2)Plenty of fluids

3) Do neck relaxation exercise

4) Avoid fasting, and sleep deprivation as these also precipitates headache

Hope this will help you

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Dr Sandhya Manorenj

Consultant Neurologist

Hi Tech city , Hyderabad India