Having sensations in heart area, not painful. What could this be?

Sensation in my heart area. Not painful but I know it's there. Comes and goes all day long.
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Too early to worry much, clinical review, cardiologist's opinion. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, It would be necessary to have a complete clinical review. Absence of any past medical history of hypertension and heart disease, actually make the possibility if this feeling to be serious, very very less likely. The experiences of the latest times could be required to checked. Stress, depression or any serious social and family problems or psychological problems you have had lately could, at times , explain this sensation. However, it might also, in a small percentage of chance, be due to some serious condition. A complete clinical examination by your doctor, a chest X XXXXXXX an Electrocardiogram and cardiac ultrasound would exclude any possibility of heart disease or lung disease. It is however, more probable that there should not be any thing very serious. For being very sure, above cited tests could be done. Advice and clinical review from an internist or a cardiologist could be very helpful. Please feel free asking any follow up questions in case you have any specific concerns. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. DR Bain