Ask a Urologist   »  

Having red spots in a curved line on penis. Getting red and itchy scrotum. What could be the problem?

I have spoken to a doctor about this before, but this was a long time ago and it is beginning to stress me out again (as it's been there for years).

I have a XXXXXXX on my penis, it is like a bumpy curved line that is red, and shaped kind of like the top half of a C (except less curvy) going up the left-ish underside of my penis. Other than that it does nothing, it does not change, nor does it itch. I have had it long since before i became sexually active, so i am fairly sure it is not an STD. I do quite often get a red and itchy scrotum, though living in australia, i sweat a fair bit, especially in that region, and i've spoken to numerous doctors about it, who normally say that it is (i forget the name, a fungus that causes red and itchy) or just simply irritation from sweat. i include this incase it may relate (however the XXXXXXX in question persists regardless of the red or itchiness of scrotum).

The original doctor i spoke to could not find out what it was, but concluded it was nothing bad.
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 50 minutes later
There are various clues which indicate that your XXXXXXX on your penis is benign
1... It doesn't itch or pain.
2.. It is there from the time even before you started active sexual life.
3... There is no discharge from penis.
4... In spite of it being there for many years,it has not deteiorated or caused any problem to you.
I feel it is normal and you should not loose any sleep over it,however please send a good photograph of it so that I am able to finally say something.

As far as your itchy scrotum is concerned,it is the fungal infection called as TINEA CRURIS.It happens due to thriving of fungus in sweaty areas like below the scrotum.
Please keep the area dry.
Wear loose cotton undergarments.
Sprinkle some OTC anti fungal powder on the affected area.
Wash this area regularly with water and keep it dry.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.
Follow-up: Having red spots in a curved line on penis. Getting red and itchy scrotum. What could be the problem? 29 minutes later
I have tried to upload a pic but it is quite poor quality, sadly best i could do. The red line area is barely visible. After looking at it harder, the line is actually like a line of brown skin, with a few parts being more raised or lumpier, though it all still feels like skin. it and the surrounding area is red. I hope that picture helps, im unsure if i can describe it in any more detail. it just looks so worrying to me, because it is so hard to miss and very awkward to explain to somebody if they notice it.

to explain the picture, the top part of the picture is the tip of my penis, and this is the underside (very difficult to take photo of!) it is hard to see the raised bits but you can see the line. the part at the top is on the left side of my penis, as it goes down it bends around a little bit and ends on the right side. a doctor i spoke to about it a long time ago said it was likely where my skin connects under my penis, however to my knowledge that kind of thing would be straight down the middle (if i am thinking of the right thing).

i hope this helps
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
You can send the picture to WWW.WWWW.WW and XXXXXXX it in my name.
Follow-up: Having red spots in a curved line on penis. Getting red and itchy scrotum. What could be the problem? 8 hours later
I forgot to hit upload last time, sorry! That picture is the best i could do. some parts of it in the line worry me as they look vaguely wart like... but the fact that it appears in a line like that and the fact it occurred prior to sexual activity somewhat relieves me.. also that i don't have warts and so i don't really know what they are like. these small brownish bits in the line just seem like bits of extra skin, they do not feel any different than surrounding skin. the colouring of the picture makes it kind of hard to see, but the more pronounced bit is clear. i think this is the last message i can send, so thank you for all your help :) Hopefully this is nothing to worry about.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 27 minutes later
I have seen the photograph very clearly and as such I don't find any reason for you to feel stressed about.
This is absolutely normal.
My advice to you is FORGET IT AND RELAX.