Having red rash across shoulders and neck. Itchy, sore and raised bumps on skin. Treatment?

I have had a rash for a few days now. I have attached a photograph of it to this mail.

The rash is quite red and has raised bumps on the skin. It is across both shoulders and on my neck also.

It is quite itchy and sore if I scratch it.

Do you have any idea what it could be?

Thank you in advance.

Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Avoid sun exposure

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing in.
The condition can be photo allergic dermatitis or polymorphic light eruption.
It is an allergic reaction to sunlight.
Also I would like to know-
Are you on any medications?
Have you been on prolonged outdoor activity /sun exposure?
Can you upload more images of the affected area?More close up images of the area will allow better interpretation.
For patients visiting my clinic with such presentation I would advise strict sunprotection.Also a short course of oral antihistaminics and soothing lotion like aloe vera lotion would be advised.
Answer the above questions and upload images. We can continue the discussion here.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for any further clarification you need.