Having red itchy lump and numbness between eyebrow. How to get relief?

Hi. I've been feeling numb between my eyebrows for 3 days. Then yesterday I got some kind of a red lump that itches at the same location. This morning it is a bit bigger and it feels like it's made up by several small lumps. All together it's the same size as a XXXXXXX I've got anorexia for 10 years, but recovered. However, the last few weeks I've been restricting to like 500 cals.
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 9 minutes later
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
From the description you have stated, it appears that you have 2 kinds of different problems:
1) Previous Anorexia Nervosa with current restriction to 500 cals/day
2) A skin lesion between the eyebrows.

I would be glad if you can clarify a few things which can help me in answering your concerns in a better way.
1) What is your current weight in kgs and your height in cms?
2) Do you see yourself as overweight?
3) The skin lesion that you are describing as lumps, is it vesicular- filled with fluid with thin membrane over it?
4) Is it still itchy/burning?
5) Are there such lesions in rest of the body?
It would be very helpful if you can take a snap of the lesion and upload it with your question.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD
Follow-up: Having red itchy lump and numbness between eyebrow. How to get relief? 2 minutes later
1. My current height is 168 cm, and my weight is 67 kilos. I got overweight during recovery, but has lost 7 kilos the last few weeks.
2. Yes
3. It feels numb, but no I don't think it's fluid in it.
4. It is itching more and more
5. No.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 14 minutes later
Thanks for quick response and clarifications.
For your current weight of 168cm, the weight of 67 kg is perfectly fine. Especially considering your previous history of anorexia nervosa and the fact you have lost 7 kgs in last few weeks and the fact that you still see yourself as overweight, even with normal weight for height and age , it is very much possible that you might be bordering on a recurrence of your Anorexia Nervosa problem. Restricting yourself to 500cal /day is not a good thing with a prior history of anorexia.
I suppose you will need to consult your treating psychiatrist some time soon and meanwhile take a diet of atleast around 1200cal/day.
If you were on any anti-depressants and have discontinued it, kindly restart them.

Coming to your next problem, the lesion you have described and have sent a snap appears to be an insect bite or a fungal infection. You can apply lacto calamine lotion over it to prevent irritation and itching and observe for a day. If the lesion still increases in size, you will need to visit a dermatologist who would like to prescribe you an anti-histaminic like Centrizene and also a locally applicable antibiotic/antifungal depending on whether it is insect bite or fungal infection respectively.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
I would be happy to help you if you need any further clarifications.
If no, then you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
Thanks and regards.
Wish you a good health.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD