Having red, itchy blisters on fingers and arms. Suggest

I have red, itchy blisters on my fingers and arms. They started to clear up a few days ago but now they are coming back again. Not in greater number but more pronounced in size and redness
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Numerous causes, all listed for you Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Based on the provided information, the cause for the appearance of blisters is still unknown, whoch is why I shall start by listing the causes, for your reference and so you may discuss the same with your doctor, and then help you with treatment and prevention. Causes can be: -Contact dermatitis (from contact with poison ivy, chemicals, allergens, etc.) -Burns or exposure to radiation -Infections (eg. Impetigo) -Bed bugs -Viral infections (eg. Shingles, herpes simplex virus, etc.) -Scabies -Insect bites (especially spiders) -Exposure to extreme temperatures -Skin trauma (especially pinching) -Autoimmune disorders Treatment includes: -Washing hands regularly with mild soap -Using antibiotic creams or ointments -If the fluid inside the blisters is white or yellow, this means it is infected. In such a situation, the blister needs to be drained with the help of a sterile procedure (sterile needle) and tested in the laboratory to find the causative agent and treat accordingly -All the pus needs to be drained -Wear gloves to prevent blisters in the future if you are prone to them -Use bandages or petroleum jelly for lubrication I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you sir. Best wishes.