Having red dots on skin. Have hypertension. Blood test normal. What can this be?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
I have these silly little pinpoint red dots on my skin. They don't itch, are not raised, they are just there. I noticed they have increased in body coverage. I'm 56, have hypertension, which is under control. I thought it was bites or some sort, or may a reaction to detergent. However, nothing seems to aggravate them, they just keep appearing on their own. Weird. Should I scrub down in bleach or something? Is there something living in my skin I can't feel or find? I am male, my blood tests show I'm healthy, yet this is happening.
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 39 minutes later
Thanks for the query. You might be suffering from cherry angioma. It is a localised dilatation of blood vessels. These spots can be removed by LASERS.
I would request you to upload few photograph of the lesions. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. There is an option to upload photographs on right side of query page. Waiting for your response. Thank you.

Follow-up: Having red dots on skin. Have hypertension. Blood test normal. What can this be? 18 hours later
OK, I took some photos. Sorry, I'm a hairy beast. It's just the little red dots. They don't itch, and aren't on top of the skin. It is as though something bit me, but I don't ever see them go away like a bite would. They're just little bitty red dots, some I've picked at to see if I brought up something that would start crawling. Nothing did. They aren't on my face of forearms. Just thighs, torso and upper arms.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 32 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.
Dont worry indeed they are appearing as cherry angioma.
Please dont pick. It may cause infection. These spots can be easily removed with laser. XXXXXXX a dermatologist. It can be removed within an hour. Dont worry its not something XXXXXXX Thank you

Follow-up: Having red dots on skin. Have hypertension. Blood test normal. What can this be? 15 minutes later
Yes, I noticed it seemed to be at the end of a capillary in some places. Whew, as long as it isn't impending death, I will sleep tonight. Thank you so much, Doctor!

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Dont worry at all. Have a good sleep. Thank you :-)