Having red blotchy rash on back, butt, arms and thighs. Tingling on nose. Tooth pulled out and taking amoxicillin. Advise?

I have red blotchy rash on my back butt arms thighs now on my nose does not itch tingles evey now and again when i bath they get real red have had it about 2 days now went to the dentist last week had a tooth pulled she gave me some amoxicillin have been taking it for about a little over a week and then stopped taking it
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I suggest a review by a dermatologist

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

The fact it doe snot itch excludes an allergic possibility to a high degree. An infectious process needs to be excluded. this could be fungal , parasitic or viral . Lesions are very characteristicafter a clinical evaluation.

Considering the sensitivity of certain skin types,I would suggest you book an appointment with a dermatologist. However, while waiting, avoid contact with children or other members in the house, avoid exchange of clothes and iron all your dresses and sheets when you remove them before reuse.

Appropriate anti fungals or specific topical or systemic anti biotics shall be prescribed after a proper evaluation by your dermatologist. Knowing the exact cause facilitates treatment and monitoring.

Thanks and hope this helps. feel free asking further questions if need be.

Kind regards,

bain LE, MD