Having recurrent itchy red lumps under the skin

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have very itchy lumps under the skin on my left XXXXXXX Since scratching them i
can now see small red spots on the surface of the skin. The lumps feel like small nodules which move slightly under pressure. It recurs from time to time.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The recurrent small itchy bumps under the skin with red spots can be due to many causes. It will help me to understand better if you could provide me a photograph of the affected area. You can upload the image in the the box provided on the right side of the query box.
The possible causes based on your description could be-
1. Skin papilloma
2. Sporotrichosis
3. Dermatofibromas- usually a harmless condition with no treatment needed.
4. Psoriasis
5.Keratosis Pilaris.
All the above conditions can be diagnosed after a proper examination by a dermatologist. Please visit your dermatologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.