Having rashes in arm pit, pain in hands, feet and joints. On Lyrica, Savella, and Asacol. Blood pressure and cholesterol under control. Guide?

I have a rash formed in armpits that comes any time hot and sweats, fingers turning sideways just recently, pain in hands,feet and joint pain for years, red face and ears that are light or heat sensitive for years.also have ibs. These symptoms have been around for years, coming and going. No elevation of arthritis markers in blood test. I am on Lyrica, Savella, Asacol, Hyzaar, Lovaza, Fenofibrate, Ambien and Klonapin. Blood pressure, HDL, LDL and under control
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 7 hours later

The problem that you have been suffering from seems to be related to fibromyalgia.
Although the rash you describe may be a coincidence along with your musculoskeletal symptoms.

The only other possibility which I can think of is lupus, where patients may have a heat sensitive rash on the face and other areas. However as you have stated that your arthritis markers are negative, lupus seems unlikely.

So in these type of conditions the mainstay for treatment is graded exercises and drug therapy like lyrica. Sometimes combination of drugs are used in this condition like duloxetine and milnacipran.

I hope I have been helpful, please feel free to ask for any followup.