Having rash on hips, inner thighs, knee and underarm. Having small bumps. Suggested Nickel allergy. Applying clotrimazole. Suggest?

I am having this rash on all different parts of my body(front hips, inner things, near underarm, butts, back of knee). some are like small bumps that come and go and are at times extremely itchy. when i visited a dermatologist initially, she said i have nickel allergy. but i stopped using my belt and it is only getting worse. i have started applying clotrimazole today and also started taking garlic tablets. see image for more details.
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sourav Das 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
steroid ointment needed, patch test for diagnosis

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. From your description, it appears to be some kind of allergy (contact dermatitis). Nickel allergy may be one possibility.

If a patient would have come to me with your complaint, I would have advised him an Ointment like Surfaz SN (containing antibacterial, antifungal agents and steroid)for local application for 2-4 weeks. Clotrimazole is an antifungal drug, since your lesions doesn't appear to be caused by fungi, it is unlikely to be resolved with clotrimazole alone.
Moreover, I would have suggested a 'Patch Test', to locate the exact cause of the contact dermatitis, and depending upon the results, to avoid that particular allergen.
I would advise you to consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and management of your condition. Please note that in cases of contact dermatitis, it may take some time to locate the exact allergen and cause of dermatitis.

Hope I've been able to satisfy your query. If there are no further queries, please close the discussion and rate the same.

Best of luck,
Dr. Sourav.