Having pus filled bumps on penis. Foreskin swollen. Help?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
HI
white filled pus bumps on my penis head. swollen foreskin. And it hurts ... Itchy, pus filled bumps appeared on penis shaft after intercourse.... Foreskin ... Red, swollen blotchy area under penis head, inside foreskin,
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Thanks for wrting to us.
Unfortunately the image that you have attached does not show the concerned lesions. Only a swollen glans is visible. Please attach a high resolution image of the concerned area as in dermatology no diagnosis can be made without examining or visualising the lesion.

I would also like to know
since how long you are havng the lesion
the duration between development of these lesions and sexual contact.
if your partner was a known partner having no physical proximity with other people ie she does not have multiple partner
if you used a protection
if your partner is a commercial sex worker
if the lesions were initially grouped fluid filled lesions that developed pus.
if there is any pain
if the lesions are intact or have developed a yellow painful necrotic base
if the lesions are red itchy with whitish slough, fissuring and pus filled lesions.

answering these questions would help me in making a probable diagnosis and suggesting a proper course of management.
Hoping to hear from you soon..

Follow-up: Having pus filled bumps on penis. Foreskin swollen. Help? 9 hours later
HI,

Thanks for the response, yes the partner was a commercial sex worker.I had done continuously for 40 mins or more at that time pain was slight .I used protection as well.Does this mean HIV?.Please suggest on this.
The very next day.
No they started swelling once
if there is any pain
Yes there is pain.

Seems Pus.

Not yet.

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 26 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
From the details provided, I could think of two possibilities only gonorrhoea or herpes.
Swelling could be friction induced but development of pus points to wards an infection.
Gonorrhoea usually presents with copious purulent urethral discharge. it may also lead to swelling and redness over glans.
Herpes too can cause swelling and pain along with grouped infected pus filled lesions.

The diagnosis can be confirmed by clinically examining the lesions and doing basic investigations like looking for gonzo occurs bacteria in urethral discharge in microscope or doing a Tzanck smear test of the pus filled bumps.

Right now, I. would advise that you clean the area with warm saline water and take an oral antiinflammatory analgesic like ibuprofen. This would reduce the pain and swelling and make the picture clearer.

Definite treatment is in the form of oral azithromycin 1 g single dose for gonorrhoea and oral acyclovir 400 mg thrice in a day for 7 days for herpes.

A dermatologist's visit nearby is advised for a clear cut diagnosis and apt management.

Hope that helped.