Ask a Urologist   »  

Having protected sex. Painful spots appeared on penis top. Cause of concern?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi. These spots / marks have recently appeared on the "top" of my penis. Im 34 male, sexually active but use protection. Slight painful, no puss etc XXXXXX
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Tanusree Biswas 8 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your query with us.

I have gone through your history as well as the pictures attached.
It looks like you are having Folliculitis in your groin area.This is frequently causes by bacterial infection.
The treatment consists of :
1) Cleaning the area with normal saline
2) Avoidance of scratching/ bursting etc
3) Oral antibiotics like Azithromycin or amoxacillin+cloxacillin combination for 5-7 days.
4) Application of a topical antibiotic cream like Mupirocin 2-3 times for 7 days.
5) In case of pain /swelling you should take oral anti inflammatory medications.

Therefore, I suggest you visit your dermatologist for further evaluation and the prescription of the same.

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you need clarification.

Best Wishes,
DR.TANUSHREE BISWAS