Having protected sex. Missing periods, getting lower back pain, nausea and frequent urination. Chances of pregnancy?

May 2013
Hi, I am age 38, no pregnancies in the past, currently not on hormonal birthcontrol but significant other and I use condoms every time. I'm 10 days late and normally quite regular. The last time we we together, I was ovulating - I use an app to track my cycle. On that date, he did not ejaculate inside me. A few weeks prior to that time, we did have one condom break, but I was not ovulating and I had a normal cycle that month. I've got low back pain, nausea, frequent urination, and am having temperature ups and downs... then again, I'm rehabbing a 4 month old ACL repair so just starting back to yoga, Pilates and I live in AZ where the weather is hot, hot, hot in July. 2 negative hpts. Would you expect pregnancy here, or perimeno? Either way, I suppose a blood test is what's really needed.
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

delay in periods can occur due to many causes like,

-hormonal imbalance as in case of poly cystic ovarian disease,

-recent illness: as you are having history,
recent drastic change in weight, excessive stress and strain: may be because of yoga and/or weather
low body fat etc
all these can lead to delayed periods by affecting hypothalamo-pituitary-ovarian axis,

-thyroid hormonal disorders, anemia etc general conditions,

-in perimenopausal age hormonal fluctuations can alter menstrual cycles sometimes,

-pregnancy: sometimes pre-ejaculate fluid can contain few sperms that can lead to pregnancy,

as urine pregnancy test sometimes cannot detect early pregnancy you better to go for blood test for pregnancy which is more sensitive,

depending on the result,
if test comes positive you decide what to do with your doctor's advice,
if test comes negative better to go for ultrasound and hormonal profile for estrogen, progesterone, FSH, LH, prolactin, thyroid profile etc to detect the cause for delayed periods and treatment can be taken according to that.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.