Having problems with chest, breathing, dizziness and high body temperature. Have Crohn's Disease and taking azathioprine

I'm an 18 year old female. I've been having problems with my chest, breathing, dizziness and my body temperature get quite high. What could it be??
I have Crohn's Disease-had it since I was 3 year old, currently taking azathioprine for it.
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

In view of the history of Chron`s disease which is a chronic inflammatory disease, you could be also having asthma which is also a chronic inflammatory disease and your symptoms are suggestive of that. You have not elaborated much on your chest problems.

You are also taking azathioprine which is an immunusuppressive drug and may make a person susceptible to infections. Beside this azathioprine may cause some changes like fibrosis in the lungs( Though much literature is not available on this topic) and cause breathlessness.

You need a complete work up for your lungs which may include a PFT, x XXXXXXX chest, CT chest beside the routine tests. I suggest you consult a pulmonologist who may be able to examine you in detail and ask for necessary tests and guide you accordingly.