Ask a Dentist   »  

Having problem with last upper tooth. Found decayed and fractured teeth. Should I go for extraction?

From last 2-3 weeks I am having problem with my last upeer-left tooth. I got it examined from a Dentist and he said that my tooth is decayed and fractured and the only option is to extract it.
Please help me what should I do in this case and from where should I get this done.

Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 1 hour later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing your query.

Tooth decay is nothing but bacterial infection that spreads to the deeper structures of the tooth and involves the tooth nerve tissue leading to pulpitis. When the tooth is grossly decayed, it becomes weak and gets fractured. We can save such infected and fractured tooth by root canal procedure, provided the periodontal status of the tooth is good. That is, if the tooth is not mobile.
Root canal procedure disinfects the tooth by removing the infected nerve tissue and the root canals are cleaned,shaped and filled with permanent restorative material.

Once the treatment is completed , the fractured tooth can be restored by a post and core preparation with a prosthetic crown coverage. This is in short about the treatment, but exact diagnosis and treatment plan can be made only after clinical examination and evaluation by taking radiographs.

If the prognosis of the tooth is seen poor after X XXXXXXX examination then you need to go for extraction of the tooth. These are the two treatment options for you.

Please approach your dentist and consider getting the treatment done.

I hope this information helps you.

Do write back if you have further queries.

Take care,
Dr.Farah Hussain.
Follow-up: Having problem with last upper tooth. Found decayed and fractured teeth. Should I go for extraction? 24 minutes later
Hey Farah,

Thanks for getting back on my query.

If you are from Hyderabad, can you please tell me from where shold i get this done? Or which should be the ideal place for this treatment? I am new to Hyderabad and hence don't know much about this place.

Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 2 hours later
Hello there ,

Its my pleasure, if you have further more queries you can get back to me directly on this forum.

For your treatment you can approach my workplace, my clinic address in hyderabad and other details are given in my profile.