Having problem of tiredness and poor appetite. Required cure?

Dec 2014

I feel very tried these days what might be the reason, can not climb 2 floors also i feel like over enough, after food feel very full even though i have had little
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You are a young 34 year old female, you are having problem of tiredness and poor appetite for some time. You have undergone treatment for infertility.

Tiredness in females can occur due to following main reasons.

- One and most common cause is nutritional deficiencies. Low hemoglobin is an important cause of tiredness and fatigue. Anaemia occur due to deficiency of iron in blood. Other nutritional deficiencies like Vitamin B12, Folate deficiencies are also common cause of tiredness and fatigue.
I advise you to get Hemoglobin, Serum Vitamin B12 and Folate levels done to rule out these causes.
- Second cause may be Hypothyroid states. A lot of females have subclinical low thyroid hormone levels. They may even have no symptoms or only tiredness as presenting symptom. For this you should get your Thyroid Function Tests done to rule out this cause.
- It may be a sign of subclinical or mild form of Depression. Easy fatiguability, tiredness and poor appetite alone can present in cases of mild depression. But for proper evaluation I need a little more details of your other symptoms, if any. Some times even no other symptoms are there and patient may present with tiredness alone. Relaxation techniques, yoga, meditation etc. can cause improvement and medicines can be avoided easily. For appetite you can take Cyproheptadine syrup in consultation of your doctor. It improves appetite in most of individuals.

Thanks, Hope I cleared your doubt, If you have more queries you can ask again.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD