Having pelvis discomfort. Noticed blood in stools. Which specialist to contact?

I am having pelvis discomfort kinda hurts but not bad and the last two days i have had blood in my poop what could it be and what kind of doctor do I need to see ??
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
General surgeon

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your on XXXXXXX

In the scenario of abdominal pain or pelvic discomfort, it is important to get investigations done like ultrasound, urinalysis etc. Blood in stools also requires similar tests.

It seems to be colitis. Colitis can be due to many reasons.

My recommendation is that you should first see a general surgeon. He will be able to narrow down the diagnosis and will be able to recommend a super-specialist. In your case, gastroenterologist will get involved and if the kidney are getting affected than a nephrologist will get involved.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee