Having pelvic pain and noticed hematoma around it. Is it dangerous?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
After that I felt a little pain and sensitivity on pelvic i noticed hematoma like i got hit and injured... I am very worried. I do not remember a special case I got hit .. The area feels like I got a hit, with accompanying hemorrhage. I am very worried that it is near the stomach. What to do? Is it dangerous? Is it normal hit? Thank you. Its in the pelvic near the belly..
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 18 minutes later

Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post and seeing your attached picture, it seems more of a insect bite leading to cellulitis.

You may take antihistaminic medication like Fenofexadine after consulting your GP. Also local application of cream containing topical steroid and antibiotic will be helpful.

You should not worry. It will heal in few days.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any furthur doubts, I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Having pelvic pain and noticed hematoma around it. Is it dangerous? 22 minutes later
Thank about the answer,
Can insect bite lead to hematoma? I cant noticed any bite.
the hematoma is really big and because its in the side of the belly, in the ilium bone (i think thats the name)... can it makes any damage to the stomach? maybe a inter bleeding? im so worried, maybe i got there hit or something...
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 12 minutes later

Thanks for your response.

Insect bite can lead to cellulitis.
Secretions from some insects like spider also result in such cellulitis and are without any bite XXXXXXX

It will not affect the stomach as it is affecting the skin and is not on the XXXXXXX organs or any bone.
Still you can get yourself examined by your doctor for any further possibilities.

I hope this answers your query. If you have any further doubts, please do ask.

Follow-up: Having pelvic pain and noticed hematoma around it. Is it dangerous? 35 minutes later
Thank You :)
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 4 minutes later
Hi ,

You are welcome.