Having pea size grain on testicle. Ultrasound showed cyst which is spermatocele and benign. Have anxiety problem. What to do?

Urologist
Question
Dear dr,

I have an issue which caused me great anxiety, fear n trouble 24/7.

I had a pea size grain at the bottom of my left testicle about 10 years ago. 3 years ago , I decided that I should have it checked. Ultrasound shows that was a cyst. 2.5mm. The dr assured me that it's fine n leave it alone. Rest my heart n went on my busy work life again

One month ago , I had some lower abdomen pain that seemed to make my testicle hurt when I passed motion. Check on my testicle, found a m&m size lump on my left testicle, this time sitting on top of the left n bigger than the one below it. My anxiety XXXXXXX to the XXXXXXX n I flew 4 hrs to get an ultrasound. The dr said it was a cyst n 8mm. He said it was a spermatocele n is benign .. I left the clinic, with things running in my head..

I googled n found my website or forums related to testicle cyst.. I'm afraid that it will grow slowly , n one day I need to aspirate it or surgical removed. I XXXXXXX wan that to happen . Especially at that very sensitive part of male organ ..

I wan to know why it i get them?? Now I have 2 cyst, when will the 3rd cyst come?? I'm so afraid n y I had to go thru these things..

I'm so prone to cyst, and the scariest thing saying that cyst growing had no scientific explanation as yet. I'm so afraid that it will become cancer . N usually , cancer Oso no real proof of explanation .

I had a submandibular gland tumor when I was 12, grew to a size of a golf ball at age 17, eventually got it removed, benign tumor phleomorphic adenoma. Then again I asked the dr, no real reasons... My so young then like "what have I done??!!" I'm so afraid to go thru surgery stuff.. I can't afford to go thru them again.. I so afraid of growths in my body ... N there seemed no way to prevent them.

I'm very "aware" of my testicle now. When I sit, eat , sleep , talk etc. I will go to the toilet now n then to keep checking on my nuts.. I can't stop thinking of them !!!
I begin to walk in such a way that I XXXXXXX hurt my testicle n afraid to stand straight, which eventually gives me strain pain on my thighs..

I keep checking them , when I XXXXXXX check them , I will tell myself to check them again "later"

My anxiety is high n I felt so depressed.. I XXXXXXX know if that's a urology issue or becoming a psychiatrist issue..

Pls advise
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it reminds me that we had long thread of discussion over your issue two months back.

You had raised this issue again and was answered by second Urologist who advised you the same explanation to your problem.

I again emphasize that spermatocele is a benign cyst and there is not a single evidence in literature to claim that it has transformed in cancer.

Your problem is Urological in nature but you have landed it in severe anxiety disproportionate to your problem and transformed it in a Psychiatric problem which in few months time will lead to disaster situation of Schizophrenia

Please i again advise you not to worry and live happily and concentrate on your carrier and work and consult qualified Psychiatrist before it aggravates to any major psychological problem.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Having pea size grain on testicle. Ultrasound showed cyst which is spermatocele and benign. Have anxiety problem. What to do? 6 hours later
Dear dr XXXXXXX
Yes I remember you and all the kind patience u had. The issue had been bugging me everyday n I can't get rid of it!
I guess I had severe anxiety now. Ever since after my childhood operation , I developed hypochondria n anxiety disorder.
I XXXXXXX wish for this to happen. I can't control my behavior n thoughts

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Please consult qualified Psychiatrist for counselling and treatment if needed to allay your anxiety disorder.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.