Having painful cracks at the corners of mouth. Tried using anti fungal and hydrocortisone. What is the remedy?
User rating for this question
cracks in corners of mouth so painful can t open mouth wide.tried anti fungal and hydrocortisone. Helps a while but comes back.forming scarring.
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Angular Stomatitis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Doctors call this condition as Angular Stomatitis. The most common causes are iron deficiency, vitamin deficiency, oral infections like oral thrush (Fungal). So I would advise my patient to undergo some blood test to rule out iron and vitamin deficiencies. Treatment with iron and multi vitamin supplement for more than a month. Oral infection like oral thrush to be treated with anti fungal. Repeated oral thrush may be due to diabetes. Check for blood sugar levels to rule out diabetes. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. Regards.
Follow-up: Having painful cracks at the corners of mouth. Tried using anti fungal and hydrocortisone. What is the remedy? 16 hours later
just a reply: thank you so much. that confirms my thoughts that my dad needs blood work. He didn 't want to do it ,but now ,when I show him what you said, he might go. thanks again Dr. XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Welcome. Detailed Answer: Hello, You're most welcome. Good luck. Regards.
People also viewed
- Black blood blister bottom lip
- Vicodin irregular menstrual cycle
- Mouth bitter and dizziness
- Vision shaking side to side
- My mucous has a bitter taste
- What is hydrocortisone used for
- Do statins cause bitter taste in mouth
- Unani cream for vitiligo.
- Tinnitus vertigo pink eye
- What will happen if hydrocortisone cream is used on male genitals
- What is the danger in using hydrocortisone on my scalp
- Trouble locking the knee when standing
- Uses of hydrocortisone
- Bitter fluid nipple male
- What is hydrocortisone cream used for