Having pain that radiates from left groin down to left thigh. What could be causing this?

I am having sporadic very sharp pain that radiates from my left groin/scrotum area down my left thigh. The pain occurs while standing or lying and lasts a few seconds. It occurs a few times a day/night. I am havingno trouble with urination. i am also a lifter. this has been going on for three weeks. there are also some days when the symptoms do not occur. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sharp pain,left groin/scrotum,lifter... Detailed Answer: Hi, As you are a lifter, and you are dealing with heavy weights, most probably the pain you are referring to might be related to any over-load of your body muscles (muscle strain). Another factor could be hernia (parts of your pelvic and abdominal organs and structures get stuck in between the nearby muscles and cause you pain). I'd suggest to see if you notice any "bump" in that area when you get pain. In either cases, it is good to be checked by a doctor (surgeon, urologist or GI specialist) to do further physical examination, or other diagnostic tests to identify the real culprits of your pain. Meanwhile, I'd advise not to lift heavy weights and to use pain killers orally until you get checked by a physician. Hope it answered to your inquiry! If you have more questions do not hesitate to contact me! I'd be glad to assist you further! Dr.Sejdini
Follow-up: Having pain that radiates from left groin down to left thigh. What could be causing this? 40 minutes later
I will get checked. I do not feel any bumps/lumps but I will have my doctor check. Are there any other possibilities or do you think what you outlined is probably the problem. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thank you for sending in more of your medical data. As you are saying not to feel any bumps/lumps, most probably might be due to overstretched muscle (strain). However, the physical examination by your physician would determine it better. I'd also suggest to do the urine analysis although you are not having any trouble with urination. In addition, abdominal and uro-genital ultrasound are advisable to exclude other uro-genital and/or intestinal problems. Hope it answered to your inquiries! Dr.Sejdini p.s. Feel free to ask any other question you might have! I'd be happy to answer back and get you helped!