Having pain in the foot near toe. Underlying cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
pain in d area near foot toe
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
The pain in the foot near the toe can be due to an injury in the area, inflammatory changes like seen in gout, flat foot, muscle sprain due to excessive strain or a local infection.
If there is no redness and swelling then infection or inflammation are less likely. In that case, the pain can be relieved by taking a mild pain killer like acetaminophen double strength every 8 hourly after meals.
Doing a hot fomentation and avoiding weight bearing on the painful area will also be helpful. If these measures do not help to relieve the pain in next 2-3 days or there is a swelling with redness in the area then do consult an orthopedician for a physical examination and stronger prescription medicines and oral antibiotics.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.