Having pain in the arm and back of elbow radiating down the forearm. How to get relief?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
For two days now I have had weird surges of pain running down my right arm. Feels like it starts in the shoulder and runs down to my wrist but the most pain seems to be the elbow. Pain scale it is probably only about a 4/10. But that discomfort will case me to have to stop whatever I am doing with my right hand if I am doing anything at all.
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 17 minutes later
The pain in the arm and back of elbow radiating down the forearm is likely to be related to ulnar nerve compression or inflammation. Most commonly it is caused by a tennis elbow or cubital tunnel syndrome.
You can help the improvement by-
1. Give adequate rest to the arm.
2. Apply cold therapy.
3. Get some anti-inflammatory medication prescribed from your orthopedician.
4. Immobilize the arm for a short period.
5. stretching exercises are helpful under the care of a physiotherapist.
Right now you need to confirm the diagnosis after examination from an orthopedician and get the prescription medicines required.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.